Russia’s invasion of Ukraine: Listing of key occasions from day 20 | Russia-Ukraine conflict Information
Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its twentieth day, we check out the principle developments.
These are the important thing occasions to this point on Tuesday, March 15. Get the most recent updates here.
- Russian forces proceed pounding cities all through Ukraine. Two highly effective explosions have rocked the capital, Kyiv, whereas air raid sirens had been heard in a number of cities, together with Odesa, Chernihiv, Cherkasy and Smila.
Chernobyl energy plant
- Energy has been restored to the Chernobyl nuclear energy plant, in keeping with a report by the Ukraine 24 tv station.
- A brand new spherical of talks between Ukraine and Russia will likely be held after discussions on Monday paused with no breakthrough. Ukraine says it needs “peace, a right away ceasefire and the withdrawal of Russian troops”.
- The leaders of Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovenia plan to journey to Kyiv on a European Union mission to point out assist for Ukraine.
- The Kremlin denies reports citing US officials that Russia requested China for navy tools after invading Ukraine. Beijing referred to as the studies “disinformation”.
- UN chief Antonio Guterres is urging international motion to forestall a “hurricane of starvation and a meltdown of the worldwide meals system”, warning that less-wealthy nations stand to endure tremendously.
- Ukrainian officers say greater than 4,000 individuals have been evacuated from front-line cities. About 2.8 million individuals have fled Ukraine, in keeping with the most recent tally from the UN refugee company.
- EU member states have agreed on a fourth package deal of sanctions in opposition to Russia. Diplomats say the punitive measures will goal Russian metal and iron and embody an export ban on luxurious items and a ban on funding within the vitality sector.
Ukraine chief to deal with Congress
- Zelenskyy will address the US Congress by video link-up on Wednesday, Home and Senate leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer introduced. Congress final week accepted almost $14bn in assist to Ukraine.
You possibly can learn key moments from Day 19 here.